I'm a software engineer living and learning in San Francisco, California.
What I'm reading
Designing Data-Intensive Applications by Martin Kleppmann
Nonfiction. A book on designing applications design that are scalable, reliable, maintainable, etc.
Combinatorics: A Very Short Introduction by Robin Wilson
Combinatorics is the branch of mathematics concerned with selecting, arranging, and listing or counting collections of objects.
Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas R. Hofstadter
Computer science, ...and a lot more. I've been trying to finish GEB for a few years now after a former friend recommended it to me. Finally committing.
More books in the reading list →
Places I've worked
- Built and launched the new Intercom.com after designing a new static site architecture
- Run weekly office-wide engineering tech talks to encourage knowledge-sharing
- Repaired a $1+ million ARR, legacy-laden customer account to enable automated invoicing
- Improved developer tooling for our Billing application
- Built and maintained a handful of Rails APIs and React+Redux web applications
- Led a team of web developers and helped them do their best work
- Established best practices (code review, pull requests, style guides)
- Greatly improved the technical hiring process